Now that we live in this super-fun corner of hippie-town, it’s hard to run out of options to explore over the weekend. So in order to create a method to this madness, I decided to make my own bucket-list for this neighborhood (mostly Harvard and Porter squares). As we check them off, reviews (yelp/ tripadvisor links) will appear on this same page. I will expand beyond Harvard and porter squares with things in central square, Davis square, Inman square and other nooks in Cambridge (like fresh pond) before I head to Somerville, Boston, Brookline, Newton, Wellesley and so on. Walkable (Harvard square, porter square)
1. L.A Burdick for hot chocolate- http://www.yelp.com/biz/la-burdick-boston#hrid:oKdDgGZd7F_9NuSWG_kaYwI finally tried their hot chocolate and OMG are they good! The balance between Chicago and Boston was ever so slightly shaken for the first time….not yet swayed towards Cambridge but it’s a start.
2. Chez Henri for French fare CLOSED
3. Casablanca For Mediterranean
4. Cardullo’s for chocolate- http://www.yelp.com/biz/cardullos-gourmet-shoppe-cambridge#hrid:stC-tc9QArhPXSzNkvTpgA
5. Blue fin for Asian/ seafood
6. Dolphin seafood for lobster rolls – http://www.yelp.com/biz/dolphin-seafood-cambridge#hrid:USuyNiSDEFJgukqdXFBM7w CLOSED
11. Charlie’s kitchen for lobster rolls very Meh
12 Harvard farmer market: http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-farmers-market-at-harvard-cambridge#hrid:rtFSXhteNijoN-qM9g8_0w Smaller compared to other farmers markets I have been to and very expensive but it’s nice strolling through the market every now and then
13. Charles square farmers market
14. Looks for dresses…where is this store?
15. Karma for yoga
16. Baptiste for yoga
17. Brattle st theatre for indie flicks: Overwhelmed and returned.
18. Comedy studio
19. Upstairs on the square for eggs Benedict CLOSED
20. Bartley’s burgers: Overhyped and not very tasty.
22. Flat patties for frozen custard: Soft, creamy, inexpensive and very addictive! http://www.yelp.com/biz/flat-patties-cambridge#hrid:0zDrgCfY1_mxOHtLJ3M0Hg
23. Canteen for crepes: they went out of business.
Other places in Cambridge
1. Asmara (central sq) for Ethiopian : Really bad service
2. Kickass (Davis sq) for cupcakes CLOSED
3. Sofra for baked goods– http://www.yelp.com/biz/sofra-bakery-and-cafe-cambridge#hrid:DoXLjLekTI8o9l1FAFqMng
4. Rendezvous for upscale Mediterranean: Upscale and expensive. Loud, not intimate and pretentious. I have tasted better food… oh and portions are miserable. http://www.yelp.com/biz/rendezvous-in-central-square-cambridge#hrid:3-j0k5wV728HuWDLiPNKnQ
5. Barada for middle eastern
6. Greek corner: Really bad service, I’d go again the food was worth it. It isn’t. Not if you’ve frequented Chicago’s Greek town eateries. http://www.yelp.com/biz/greek-corner-restaurant-cambridge#hrid:Z8UGatbpT_wIQNFZJhX0Eg
7. Desfina also for Greek
8. Ginger exchange for Asian fusion: Sushi is very plain, but the entrees are fabulous. Delivery service is great. http://www.yelp.com/biz/ginger-exchange-cambridge-2#hrid:FSu0m1Ao2y1GPw7Rnj2qRA TERRIBLE SERVICE NOW.
9. Spice and rice for Asian fusion
10. Cuchi cuchi for tapas: As they say it’s not exactly tapas, it’s multi-cuisine, global small plates and they are fun. Quirky and very Cambridge. Have to go again. And probably again. http://www.yelp.com/review_share/C7FKNwSUlbUinT9cRSLXHA/review/5XsjSEjVSVnN6d63QzwAyA?fsid=3zX5mda-RcAmIGFx3SVBLg
11. Fresh pond to take brownie for a walk http://www.yelp.com/biz/fresh-pond-reservoir-and-park-cambridge#hrid:bbVgS2L8o_YrjTP7FHJ5EA
12. O2 for yoga
13. Prana for yoga
14. Kendall sq theatre for indie flicks
15. Somerville theatre for indie flicks
17. Craigie on main
18. Snack bar
6. Cambridge Common: Good brunch options especially their Eggs Benedict http://www.yelp.com/review_share/leGlDtF4iveddK_uuBC8lQ/review/YZVaVF9rnI0mAHsPD2jv6w?fsid=u1rbWoqFFo435AEiToGJjQ